About us

Locally, Pepsi-Cola Memphis Bottling Co. will be celebrating over 93 years of service to you, our customers. Their story began in 1929, when J. Harold and Muriel A. Johnson started their first bottling operation at 204 S. Market in Memphis, MO. They operated under the name of "Memphis Bottling Works" for several years. In 1936 they were granted a Pepsi-Cola franchise.The company incorporated in 1956 and changed its name to "Pepsi-Cola Memphis Bottling Company" By 1958 their son, John H. Johnson, Jr., joined them in the business. In 1963, land was purchased for Pepsi's present location. In the fall of 1964, the building was completed and Pepsi moved into its new home at 520 East Grand Avenue.  In 1983 Mike Johnson began working in the family business as a third generation bottler. Since then his sisters have also become active in the business. Lori Al-Jundi joined the company in 1989 and serves as Vice President. Dana Bondurant serves on the Board of Directors. What started as a less than five man operation has grown to employ over 38 people serving an eight and a half county area in Missouri and Iowa.

This picture was taken in the late 1920's or early 30's in the first bottling plant. The first plant was located east off the Memphis square in an alley. The water source at that time was a well on the now Hopkins Lumber property.

press to zoom

Pictured here is the Pepsi Merry Go Round at the Keokuk Home Show being operated by Mike Evans in the late 1950's / early 60's.

press to zoom

This is the first new Pepsi truck acquired by our company - 1941

press to zoom

This picture was taken in the late 1920's or early 30's in the first bottling plant. The first plant was located east off the Memphis square in an alley. The water source at that time was a well on the now Hopkins Lumber property.

press to zoom
1/12